INVASIVE SPECIES CLEARING HOUSE
Invasive Species Clearinghouse
The McDowell Sonoran Conservancy is a partner in the Central Arizona Conservation Alliance’s (CAZCA) efforts to implement a Regional Open Space Strategy. Goal 2: Sustain and Restore is to identify and engage best practices in land management and restoration to sustain and enhance native biodiversity, positive recreational experiences, and socio-economic benefits connected with the Sonoran Desert. We built this invasive species clearinghouse to centralize important management resources, meeting the objective 2.6.5 of this goal. The clearinghouse is focused on priority invasive species identified by managers in the region. For each invasive species, you will find information about that plant species and effective techniques for removal.
If you can’t find what you need in this clearinghouse or have suggestions, please contact email@example.com.
- Buffelgrass Research – 2013 – Kyser, etal.
- Buffelgrass Research – Bales, etal.
- Buffelgrass Tech Bulletin – 2000 – Nature Conservancy
- Bufflegrass Tech Bulletin – 2014- SABCC
- Buffelgrass Tech Bulletin – 2014 – USDA
- Buffelgrass Tech Bulletin – 2017 – USDA
- Buffelgrass Tech Bulletin – SABCC
- Buffelgrass (herbicide) Research – USDA
- Buffelgrass Collector App Species Info
COMMON SOW THISTLE
- Fountain Grass Tech Bulletin – ND – NPS
- Fountain Grass Tech Bulletin – 2012 – Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum
- Fountain Grass Tech Bulletin – 2014 – USDA
- Fountain Grass Collector App Species Info
- Fountain Grass Info Flyer – AZ Native Plant Society – English Version, Spanish Version
- Stinknet Grass Info Flyer – AZ Native Plant Society – English Version, Spanish Version
- Stinknet Tech Bulletin – U of A Cooperative Extension
- Stinknet Flyer – U of A Cooperative Extension
MALTA STAR THISTLE
- Tamarisk Tech Bulletin – 2009- USDA
- Tamarisk Tech Bulletin – 2014 – Arizona Native Plant Society
- Tamarisk Collector App Species Information
Invasive Control Strategies/Methods
- California Invasive Species Tech Bulleting – Jeffery Lovich
- Desert Invaders Training
- Herbicide Guidelines Tech Bulletin – 2012 – TechLine
- Invasive Control Strategies
- Non-Native Invasive Plants of Arizona – 2009 – Northam
- Weed Control Research – 2001 – Nature Conservancy
Herbicide and Removal Techniques
- Glyphosate Research – OSU
- Imazapyr Tech Bulletin – 2004 – USDA
- List of Industrial Herbicides Research – 1996 – M. Manno
For additional resources, questions, or potential collaborations, please reach out the Parsons Field Institute staff.