Enhance your desert experience and learn about the wonders and hidden treasures of the Preserve on private tours for families, school groups, Scout groups, and more. Nature Guide Programs are offered from early October through mid-April. For more information and scheduling, contact email@example.com.
School and Youth Trips
Children can connect to the natural and cultural resources of the Preserve’s Sonoran Desert through outdoor tours and school programs offered by the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy. These visits to the Preserve meet Arizona science and heritage curriculum standards, giving children the opportunity to touch, hear, and even smell things that will enhance their Preserve experience. Tours are guided by specially trained volunteers, from early October to March.
We have three interpretive trails that are ADA-approved:
- The Bajada Nature Trail at the Gateway Trailhead;
- The Kovach Family Nature Trail located at the Lost Dog Trailhead; and
- The Jane Rau Interpretive Trail located at Brown's Ranch Trailhead.
For more information and scheduling, contact Don Brockway at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These interpretive tours are suitable for ages 6-12, with a maximum of 40 in the group.
- Tours last approximately one hour.
- Three to four weeks of notice is required to schedule tours.
- *Suggested Donation: $10.00 per adult, $5.00 per child. City of Scottsdale Public Schools are exempt from donations.